Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Happenings

This past weekend Ryan's been on call, so he hasn't really been able to leave the house. Instead we've been doing things around the house, at least I have by working on sewing projects. 
Here are a few sewing projects that I finished:
My nursing cover finally got finished.


Baby sleep sack that I made from a large men's dress shirt that we bought from DI.  I wanted to see how it would turn out, and I think I like it.  Although I couldn't get some fabric paper to work for a decal because the printer wouldn't let it go through the machine, I am going to try it on my printer because it's supposed to work on all inkjet printers. 
Remember how two weeks ago I picked 12 cups of rhubarb from our backyard?  Well the other day we were looking at our garden, and walked over to the rhubarb afterwards and saw that our rhubarb was blooming! and way overgrown again!  So today we thinned the rhubarb again, and ended up picking 34 cups of rhubarb!!!  Needless to say we have rhubarb coming out of our ears and have decided to freeze most of it this time. 

I think that the rhubarb is growing like a weed because this spring has been so wet and overcast.  We now have moss growing on our trees!, which is the weirdest thing for me to see in Utah!  Anyways, here are a few pictures of our rhubarb pickings.

Ryan with the biggest leaf.. we think.  There were quite a few about this size.



Trash bag stuffed full of rhubarb leaves...

Lots of rhubarb stalks.

 
Chopped up rhubarb in freezer bags, with the extra 1 1/2 cups which we're going to use to make Jeff's rhubarb bread.  We have 5 quart sized bags with 4 cups of rhubarb in them, and 1 gallon bag with 12 cups of rhubarb in it.  Craziness.