Saturday, May 23, 2009

Now for Meredith,

Well after starting our blog, it has gotten off to a good start thanks to Ryan. He loves to post and talk about his CR500 that he just got back. He loves working with his hands and especially engines that go fast (plus I think blogging helps keep him entertained at work).

However, apparently our blog was not "cute" enough, so in order to keep our readers excited I made the blog "cute" for Meredith. (I'm afraid of losing our avid readers of course.)

I, on the other hand, have not a lot to report. I've been working as a research assistant for one of my old professors. I really love my job because of everything I'm learning and because the people I work with are really friendly. At the moment I'm working on running experiments to determine the properties of anisotropic materials (specifically ligaments in the future) by only running one test, instead of multiple ones. I find it interesting, especially when we all get together and can hear about what the other research groups are doing in the same lab. I still need to find a second job though, so that we'll be able to save up more money for school this next year. As it is I think we'll make it, but I don't want to take any chances when this is my time to work.