So last Wednesday I went to a Relief Society Mix and Mingle for the first time in our ward. (It was the first ward activity that I've been in town to go to since we moved in last June.) While there I told people that I was expecting in August, and their comments were along the lines of "Oh, you're one of those skinny pregnant people" (this by a lady who's due to have her 2nd child in mid-July, and showing pretty well) and "We never would've guessed you're pregnant", etc. In my head, however, all I was thinking was, "Well, you didn't know me before tonight, and so far being pregnant just makes me look fat."
On Friday, Ryan and I went to Lehi so that Ryan could take his Microsoft certification exam for SQL server.(He passed with 100%!!) Things are looking like he might be able to get a transfer within the company to database administration, and hopefully a better work environment. After his exam at 8am, we decided to go down to Provo to see family, fix Spencer's computer, and take care of some condo management stuff.
We saw Amy first, and while we were sitting in the car trying to decide what to do, Ryan mentioned that I was wearing my first pair of "fat pants" (Ryan's words). Amy's said something like this, "Ohhh, that's why you look nice today. I was wondering why you look dressed up."
When we went to go buy pregnancy pants, all the jeans were floods on me (oh being tall, and buying used clothes), but I found this pair of gray dress pants that was long enough, so I bought them for 7 dollars. However, I can't just wear t-shirts with them, so I was wearing a nicer sweater/long-sleeved shirt with them when Amy saw us.
Later, I told Amy about how I just look fat, not pregnant, and so when I got out of the car she's like, "Yup, you don't look pregnant at all, just fat". Later that same day, Ryan was like, "Well you don't really look pregnant when you wear clothes, but I can't just tell you, you look fat."
Then on Saturday, Ryan and I were cleaning/organizing/re-arranging our garage and house, and he made the comment "Wow, I can almost watch you grow faster than our plants" (he being as happy as can be). Isn't my husband sweet? All well, at least he gets a kick out of me gaining weight.
By the way our garage looks beautiful and fully organized now! and our house is getting much, much more organized. We've been going through all of the closets and all of our totes for the past month getting rid of things we don't need and condensing things. It's so nice to know where everything is now! and to not get scared looking in the closets at piles of boxes and things you have no idea what's contained in them.
The easter bunny came and hid easter eggs for Ryan to find Sunday morning, and surprised him by having an easter basket with eggs full of chocolate and starburst jelly beans. But that's about all for now.