Monday, September 17, 2012

Tabasco Sauce

A few weeks ago I had to meet with the Bishop, so I left Matthew home with Ryan for about 45 minutes.  When I got back, Matthew was bawling and Ryan had no idea why.  I tried feeding him and comforting him, but nothing seemed to be working, until Matthew fed me a piece of bread and I realized it was super spicy!  He had spilt a bottle of Tabasco sauce over himself, and since he was only wearing a diaper it had covered his whole stomach and thighs.  He broke out in a rash, and we quickly got him in the tub to rinse off.  However, he hurt and had a hard time all day on Sunday, so we stayed home to hold and cuddle and distract him.  We didn't think we could put a diaper back on him because of the rash, so we made a cloth diaper from the burp cloths we had, which worked until he took a nap and wetted out of it and his whole bed...

 
 
 
Here's Matthew eating breakfast with Daddy one Saturday, and learning to feed himself.  He has kept wanting to feed himself with utensils, but most of the time he's eating food too messy to let him try.  Daddy always lets him try though, no matter what, so Matthew always goes to Daddy to beg him for food.  He only asks me for food now, if I'm eating and he is in his high chair eating too.