He likes to sleep at night, and fights sleep all day long! Usually he only takes cat naps during the day (30-40minutes at most), but if he eats well at his last "daytime" feeding between 8pm and 10pm he usually goes 5 hours before his next feeding. (Ahh, 3-ish hours of straight sleep for me!)
He can pass gas (sometimes for 5-10 sec at one go) and poop better than Ryan. This alone has convinced Ryan that I didn't sleep with the mailman and that Matthew really is his son.
He stops eating to pass gas and poop, then will eat more after he's done.
He's much more alert than past weeks and Ryan said he was smiling at him this morning.
He knows that I'm the person to feed him and stares me down with the BIGGEST eyes until I take him to feed him. Ryan says if he opens them anymore his eyes will fall out.
He usually stops screaming/complaining immediately when he gets laid on the pillow I use to help feed him if he's hungry. Once he gets laid on the pillow he'll open his eyes and stare me down/start wiggling around getting excited/anxious to eat.
He knows what the sound of my breast pump means, and if he's still hungry when I'm pumping he'll wait patiently nearby. However, if you take him out of the room, or if I stop pumping, or even switch sides he'll start complaining to be fed. (This is a recent development, at least him complaining about not getting the milk because since I've had mastitis, I haven't had quite enough milk for him to eat without really pumping the last little bit out. We have been trying to not feed him the milk right after I pump it though, and waiting to feed it to him after his next feeding if he's still hungry.)
I've been singing him to sleep with "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", and now when I sing it to him, his eyes almost immediately get droopy and he starts yawning. (This is really nice when at 3 or 4am he decides to "spend time with mommy" for an hour or so awake. This has slowly been getting shorter and shorter for the most part.)
He doesn't mind tummy time and has a really strong neck muscles already (as well as muscles in general). At his newborn, 2 day appointment when the doctor tested his joints and everything the doctor even commented on how strong his legs and muscles are. I knew his legs were strong because he was kicking me for 6+ months in the ribs, giving me bruised ribs!