That antibiotic seemed to help a bunch, but then that night I got another milder fever, and all the nurses and doctors were 'freaking out' because I shouldn't be getting fevers anymore. At 3am I had 2 different doctors in my room asking me about my symptoms again trying to see if I had anything else wrong, 2 pints of blood drawn for bacteria samples, a catheter to test my urine for a urinary tract infection, other blood tests, and temperature checks every hour until 6am when my temperature returned to normal. At this point I felt like I was a patient on "House," and just had to wait until they decided what was wrong with me. Eventually, I didn't get any more fevers on the 3rd type of antibiotic, but they had to test to see if it was getting through my system too fast and that's why I got the fever (my doses were at 4am and 4pm). However, they wanted to make sure I didn't get a fever for 24hrs before they sent me home, so that meant Wednesday morning at 4am at the earliest. Wednesday all my tests came back normal, and now we just had to figure out how to administer the antibiotic to me at home because the one I was taking was only given through IV. So, we started the 4th type of antibiotic, pill form, and I got to stay in the hospital until that evening to make sure my fever didn't come back again, which thankfully it didn't, so we could go home and Ryan could go back to work on Thursday. He had missed Tuesday and Wednesday because Matthew couldn't stay with me in the hospital without another competent adult in the room in case they had to take me and do some emergency procedure.
Needless to say, it was a "fun" family filled Labor Day weekend with sleeplessness!
Anyways, since we haven't posted many pictures of Matthew, I thought I'd post a few more that we took when he was 2 weeks old. We took these hoping to imitate the hospital photographer's photos for the baby announcement. Anyways enjoy!
![]() |
| He was staring out the window.. he knows when it's daytime and never wants to sleep during the day if it's light outside. |




