Well Ryan and I went to the doctor again yesterday to see how he was doing. Ryan's been going to physical therapy for the past month and a half to work up the strength of his knee. His doctor thinks that he's recovering well, but that he shouldn't go to physical therapy anymore because the therapist wants him to do resistance training to build up muscle, but the doctor wants him to do endurance training. The doctor said that if Ryan was really worried about muscle loss he should ride a stationary bike with little resistance for an hour, go swimming, or walk. (No running, physical sports, deep knee bends, or squatting, etc.) Ryan's been really good so far at following what his doctor says because he really wants his knee to recover well. His knee is still partially swollen still, but the repair isn't tender as it was last time we were at the doctor and his knee is much stronger. He has another doctor's appointment in 2 months (his 6month check up), to determine if he's released to full activity and if he'll need more physical therapy then.
School's been very very busy the past 2 weeks for Ryan and I. It feels like all we've been doing is school work, which has been hard for us. We've been lazy cooking food, but luckily we've made some leftovers that we can eat. We've been having lots of rice with vegetables because it's easy and doesn't take much effort. We both don't want to do school anymore for a while and are looking forward to Thanksgiving break, but I'm not sure how much of a break it'll be for me because I have 3 papers due within 2 days of getting back to school. Anyways, we're surviving so far, but I feel like just barely. Ryan's really looking forward to graduating and so am I.
For Thanksgiving we're going to carpool with Ryan's brother to drive to Washington to see his family. I know Ryan really wants to see his grandparents and is slightly disappointed that we won't be able to see them at Christmastime. We're both looking forward to Christmas in NJ this year though. I can't wait to see everyone and to taste mommy's cooking again. :)
So far we've both been pretty healthy, just a couple of mild colds and a couple of days of not feeling well due to lack of sleep/stress, I think. We've both been relatively fine though.
Hope all is well with you.