Sunday, April 13, 2014

Garden 2014 and Other Project Pictures

So since we've been having wonderful spring weather, since almost February I've been able to get lots done on the garden to get ready for planting vegetables this year.  Of course Ryan's helped some (in the building), but I've done all the weeding and I'm proud of it because I dug it all up and got as many of the perennial weed roots out as possible.  I'm looking forward to hopefully not having as many weeds in the aisles this year and it's been my 'pregnancy' workout because I haven't been able to walk as far this pregnancy without contractions and my body saying I'm over doing it.

Garden July 2013

Garden April 2014
Getting a peek in the greenhouse.

Garden July 2013 - Jungle weeds around the boxes :\

Garden September 2013 - The tomatoes kinda went wild last year...

Garden April 2014 - the plastic creates a greenhouse over the tomatoes I just planted yesterday, and the other hoops are for keeping the deer away from our strawberries.  The front, left box with the 'triangles' will be for a pole bean trellis.

Garden April 2014
Garden July 2013

Garden September 2013

Garden September 2013

Garden April 2014

Garden April 2014 - Mischievous boy.  He thought it was funny to knock over my new paver line because daddy accidentally knocked one over going into the garden.


Garden April 2014 - Our rhubarb is obviously thriving and probably getting close to harvesting for the first time.  I think this is going to be another harvest tons of rhubarb every 2 weeks year..

Our strawberries!  That actually are looking healthy with blossoms because they deer haven't been able to eat them! :D

And I can't finish posting without showing Ryan's project.  He's redoing the backyard sprinkler system and putting in the electrical line to the garage and putting in a separate line just for the garden watering.  He's been digging like crazy for the past 2 weeks although he's almost done and ready to put all the pipe in and test this week when the irrigation water gets turned on.

Baby crib skirt... I made bumpers too but haven't put the crib together yet so I can't really show them well.

And a 'free' baby bird mobile from scraps and our neighbor's grape vines

Matthew never had a mobile, but I think he would've liked looking at one.  We'll see whether this little girl will enjoy it or not.  Either way Matthew likes all the birds and 'eating' your face with them.