Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Quiet Book Frenzy

So before Matthew was born, I started/planned a quiet book I wanted to make for him and bought materials, but never made it.  Well the past few weeks since I've been doing other 'baby' projects, I thought I'd make something for Matthew.  So started a quiet book page making frenzy as I found ideas on pinterest and the internet.  I averaged a page a day, and some pages took a long time, others were "fast".  It at least was good practice for free motion sewing on my sewing machine and Matthew now has new entertainment that is church related for sacrament meeting.

The only 'church-y' fabric I could find, without spending lots of money.  I made the cover up as I went along, okay I made lots of things up as I went along...  seems to be a pattern with me recently.

Super large zippered pocket.  I love it to stuff anything that falls out in it.

Help the Missionaries Go Tracking - Mark 16:15
This page I had a pattern for the missionaries and the houses.  I made up the investigators, sun, clouds, and hills myself based off of pictures of others.
All of the writing is sewn by free motion sewing.  I printed off the right size and a cursive font so I could sew through the paper (like paper piecing) to make the words.


Pages 2 - 3
Buckles and Boat

Page 2
I only had pictures for this page, so I made my own patterns.

I still need to add some photos..
"I am a Child of God" - left
"Families are Forever" - behind temple
"Jesus Loves Me" - right

Help Nephi Build His Ship - 1 Nephi 17
Velcro Puzzle

Pages 4 - 5
Ammon and Armor

Page 4
Ammon Protects the Sheep - Alma 17: 19-34

All the arms and sheep come off the page, and Ammon too so he can chop the arms off.
I think this is my favorite page.. not sure why.

Page 5
Armor of God - D&C 27: 15-18

This is Matthew's second favorite page..  He loves the puzzle and to get him dressed, especially putting on the helmet??


Pages 6 - 7
Fishing and Goliath

Page 6
Help Peter Go Fishing - Matthew 4:18-20
This is Matthew's new favorite page.  He played with this page the entire sacrament meeting last week, quietly for the most part.  It was really easy to make too, although I need to attach the hook better/a new way because it broke from Matthew winding the fishing line up over and over to catch his fish.


The fish are numbered on the back, 1-5.

Page 7
David and Goliath - 1 Samuel 17
This was the first page I made, from a pattern.  Matthew thinks it's okay, and likes to make the sound effects of the stone when he hits Goliath.

It's kinda for a younger child, but I needed to start with something easy to get me motivated to keep going.

Pages 8 - 9
Noah's Ark and Rainbow

Page 8
Noah's Ark - Genesis 7

The animals took forever..  but they're cute.  Girls have hearts on them.

Page 9
Rainbow Covenant - Genesis 9:22-27

Matthew likes this page a lot too because he's just learning the buttons.

You can also stick the animals in the rainbow because the arches are only sewn down on the inside edge.

Page 10

Page 10
Jonah and the Whale - Jonah 1

Jonah peeking through the whale's stomach


He comes out, but is attached to the page with the string.
And Finished! Thank goodness.  I tried to match the pages so that BOM and Bible stories were together in case I ever make more pages and want to separate them into the 'scripture' books.  For now I'm done for a while.. Maybe a few more years and I'll be motivated again.